Rattlesnake Games part 2

You might be asking why is it part 2. Because I haven't told you about the first time we had rattlesnake games, yet. This happened last night, so I'm starting with this one first. I was in my hammock inside the bus watching TV. I have 7 dogs. And dogs bark, sometimes at nothing. This was a different bark and when I peeked outside I could tell that they were focused on something next to the fence. I grabbed my 22 long revolver and checked to make sure it was loaded. Threw on my slippers, not snakewear, but it's what I had nearby. The boys were barking wildly, like they were yelling at it. It was a little tiny rattlesnake, about the size of a small dessert plate curled up. I could hear it rattling at me. I shooed the boys away and emptied the chamber around the snake. My hands were shaking and I was scared. I fucking hate snakes! Unfortunately I didn't kill it. I went into the bus to reload and it was gone by the time I came back out. I checked my dogs, but I was missing two. Luna was under the bed. Not because of the snake, but because of the gun. She didn't come out for a couple hours. Roxy was missing too. I finally found her and realized that she had been bit. Her face was bleeding and she wasn't moving from where she was under the bus. I gave her some benadryl and set some water by her. Since it's not my first rattlesnake rodeo, I knew that if she would eat and drink she would be alright, but you just never know. I thought getting bit by a rattler was a death sentence, and this isn't always the case. She doesn't come in the house, so I had to leave her under the bus until morning. This morning I was pleasantly surprised to find Roxy dog with a very swollen face eating and drinking. I feel optimistic that she will survive this lesson. Getting snake repellent today. Since living out here this is the 2nd one I've seen alive, and hopefully it will be the last. Ceeeej 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Very Long Time Ago

Charcot Marie Tooth CMT

Gratitude