Men

I've always gotten along better with men. Not to say I don't have women friends whom I adore, because I do. I have 2 brothers and my dad and my grandfather as the early males in my life whom I love. Until meeting my beloved belated husband, besides the 4 men I mentioned above, I was pretty sure that men were dangerous. Especially if a romance was involved. To the great men out there, thank you so much being awesome and keep up the good work! My husband tried so hard to be a good man, father and husband. He had grown up around uncles, raised by women, and no father. He wasn't super masculine, but there was no doubt he was a man. He was hard on the outside, but if he liked you then he was softer. He was funny and witty. Sensitive and emotional. He was one of the most intelligent people I've known. He was serious and sarcastic. He was chaos and rage, and peace and light. He had an incredibly tall strong wall, but if you got inside the view was amazing! I was fortunate to have gotten in. He was our fierce protector, to the end. He was my cheerleader. My biggest supporter. He showed me what a fantastic man looks like, everyday! He showed me what love looks like, unconditional love. Of course, it wasn't completely unconditional but I didn't want to do anything to jeopardize it so it was. He loved me when I was ugly and hated myself. On my unlovable days. He told me I was beautiful every day for almost 21 years and I didn't believe him for longer than that. He respected me and heard me. Since losing him 5 years ago, I have come to realize how truly blessed I am to have had a love like that. Many of the men I have encountered since have been, well, ummmmmm, not the most savory of characters. Very disappointing. I guess they just don't make them like Joe. There's only one. Ceeeej 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Very Long Time Ago

Charcot Marie Tooth CMT

Gratitude