Boundaries

Another post, yay! Since Joe died I've had to become better at boundaries, setting and holding them. Joe and I were good at knowing each other's boundaries, and not stepping over them. Of course, unfortunately, most people are not like that. I'm a woman and a widow, and I'm not grand in stature. Three things that aren't in my favor when it comes to gaining respect, especially from men. I've had to give up friendships, because they couldn't respect my boundaries. I've distanced myself from friends and family who weren't willing to be civil. My boundaries have changed. I've been hypervigilant my entire life, but now it is even more  important to maintain my boundaries. To keep my peace and home protected, I must not allow certain people and certain behaviors to take place around me. I've earned this life, so I have to fight for it. Setting and holding boundaries takes practice, but I'm worthy of respect. I've always been a people pleaser, and just gone along with whatever happened. I no longer have to please others at my cost. Don't be afraid to set boundaries for yourself, and I hope you love yourself enough to walk away from people who can't honor you. Much love, Ceeeej 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Very Long Time Ago

Charcot Marie Tooth CMT

Gratitude