Fall in the Presert

Now is the time of year when you wear shorts during the day and can't stop sweating,, then think about starting a fire at night. Fall is here, but she is only making an appearance at night. Summer still owns the daytime. Personally I'm looking forward to cooler weather. It's been a long hot dry summer, until the monsoons arrived. This year we had a legit monsoon season. Flash floods, lightning and thunder. Lots of rainbows this monsoon. It's been too long since we've had so much rain. I'm always grateful for the free water from the sky. This year is the first time I've had a green yard. Mostly weeds, but green nonetheless. I have little trees sprinkled around the property. I will be getting everything ready for the impending winter. This is the season where the men are separated from the boys. Winter can be difficult out here in the presert. Most people that come out here don't stay through the winter, or the summer, for that matter. This is my 5th winter, I believe. I've already begun having wood delivered and will fill all of my propane tanks very soon. I'll have to make room for all 6 dogs in the house. You may notice that I have 7 dogs but only make room for 6. That's because Roxy dog doesn't do indoors. She is my self-appointed guard dog. There will be increased scuffles in the bus due to everyone being indoors. Most likely something will get broken. Space is tight, so I must rearrange very soon. The good news is that the bugs and snakes will be absent until next year. Hopefully the antelope herds will return. The coyotes are wandering around at night, very vocally. All of my trees are beginning hibernation and I'm optimistic that they will survive whatever the next few months might bring. Welcome fall. Ceeeej 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Very Long Time Ago

Charcot Marie Tooth CMT

Gratitude