Luna Jade

Luna Jade is my next oldest after Kiwi. I was selling out on the Navajo Nation for the first time. A girl walked by with a tiny puppy,  so I asked her where she got it. The girl directed me to a girl in the bed of a truck with a singular black puppy. I told her I'd take the puppy. Then the girl who had the other puppy came back and said she wanted the puppy I was holding, until she found out she was a female. I preferred a female dog. At this point, I only had Kiwi. She was tiny, 2 or 3 weeks old. I was told that she was a black lab/pitbull. I got her milk and canned puppy food. She fit in my hands. Her eyes were still blue. She slept with me. I'd set her next to Kiwi and Kiwi would move away from her. Emo cat was bigger than her and they'd both sleep under the wood burning stove. It was still chilly in April. Luna was born sometime in March, so I made her birthday March 20th which was a full moon. She loves the full moon. In fact, she usually stays outside all night if we have a full moon, unless it's too cold. She is the only dog with a middle because she needs one. She is headstrong and stubborn. She knows that she is in trouble if I use her middle name, because I usually call her Runa or Baby Jade or Galuna. She now weighs about 80 pounds and her face is now bigger than her entire body was when I got her. She doesn't want anyone else to have attention. She puts her mouth on my hand when I pet the other dogs. She is a big lovable galoot to me, but a fierce protector to almost anyone else. She is playful and excitable. When I get home or get up in the morning, she leaps and twists in the air around me. Which is impressive for her size. She is convinced that we have a dog food shortage at our house, because she doesn't like to share. She is a cuddler. She loves running. She isn't the smartest dog, but she is the most loving. She loves to sit on my giant bean bag and look out the window, like a enormous cat. She is always asleep on my furniture in the morning. She is the alpha but I think she understands that Kiwi holds a place of honor. She's 3.5 years old and almost not a puppy anymore. She only knows what life is like out here. I'm not sure if she could handle the city life. Good thing I'm not moving. Love her so much! My Luna Jade. Pictured above on furniture she's not supposed to be on, of course. Ceeeej 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Very Long Time Ago

Charcot Marie Tooth CMT

Gratitude