Lucky and her boys

In February 2021, I had taken a trip to Colorado. I had a neighbor taking care of my 4 dogs. I arrived home in early March, and discovered an inquisitive fuzzy golden colored puppy, about 3 months old. I called my neighbor and asked him about the dog. He said that she just showed up one day. She was friendly and curious. Apparently the girls had allowed her to stay. They were fence free back then, because they didn't go far. I noticed her collar was tight, so I removed it. Thankfully I have tiny fingers. I noticed her belly had several cuts, and she was very skinny. She had a wildness to her and she liked everyone. She instantly won my heart and I named her Lucky. Less than a month later, Roxy had 2 little boys. On April Fool's. I named them Dude and Little Brother. I decided to keep them both, and suddenly I had 7 dogs. Roxy was a fantastic mother, but very soon she was over them and I moved them into the bus. She is an outside dog, by her choice, but she would peek in the bus to check on her sons. They loved the inside life from the start. Lucky was curious about them and followed them around. They would all cuddle together at night, because it was still chilly at night. At first, Roxy didn't want Lucky around the boys and she would bite her and flip her over. Lucky would fight back, even though, most of my dogs were bigger than her back then. In very short order, the boys and her became inseparable. They were only a couple months apart, but they were hers. She is their playmate, their protector, and sometimes their challenger. She's the smartest of the three, so she also teaches them how to be naughty. She is the bad influence, LOL! I love them. Ceeeej 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Very Long Time Ago

Charcot Marie Tooth CMT

Gratitude